Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How I Relieve Stress Without Punching Someone's Face In

With a million things going on, and finding that 24 hours in a day is entirely not enough time to do those things, I've amazingly found something that's worth sparing a couple hours of my day for.

After a long day of school and then work, I sometimes feel so overwhelmed I can hardly stand it. I'm one of those people that can never seem to shut their brains off. The answer to my constant worries, anxieties, and overall craziness?

Yoga.

I've recently taken up this form of exercise on a whim, and I can already see it transforming my life. I was amazed after my first session, seeing the difference I felt going in, and coming out a couple hours later. During the class, all the little thoughts that run through my head constantly were quickly stamped out. For once I could just calm down, and be. When the class ended, I was shocked at where the time went. The next session could not come soon enough!

To all of the stressed and overwhelmed people that need help to find relaxation, I would suggest you try yoga on for size. Journeys In Yoga on Magnolia Street offer a free first session, and I'm sure other places do as well. And don't worry if you're not physically fit, and can't bend both legs over your head while balancing on one hand, because I can't either. There's a yoga for everyone, whether you're an everyday person, or a living rubber man! I hope you find as much joy in it as I have.




How I Relieve Stress Without Punching Someone's Face In
blog comments powered by Disqus