I stopped at Bank of America today, a bank I don't use but was making a deposit for work, something I try typically try to avoid as I spend so much time at bank drive-thrus already. My first bad encounter was as I swung around the back to the drive-thru and every single drive thru lane had a line of cars at least 5 deep. This wasn't their fault and to their credit they had most of the lanes open.
So thinking I was just some form of rare genius I figured I'd go inside and skip the waiting. Apparently there are a lot of rare geniuses as inside was worse because there were 20 people in line and only one single teller open. All around the outside of the corral keeping us wild consumers in a neat and file line were desks of other employees. They weren't tellers but they also weren't doing anything. They weren't on their phone or on their computer. Two were telling jokes about something from each others desk while two others watched in amusement at us freaks standing in the line.
The inside of the bank was littered with point of sale promoting Keep the Change in annoyingly over patriotic fonts and colors. It appeared as if they'd hired a concert promoter to do their decorating.
The only rewarding aspect of my experience at Bank of America was the music. Over the speakers whined Donna Summers, She Works Hard for the Money. The mild amusement of wondering to myself if this was intentional and if so how much cooler these bank employees would be if they started singing and dancing to the song instead of just sitting there watching us stand in line .
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Bank of America, Bank of Suckiness
Posted by
Jeff
on
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)