Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Do British Birds of Prey Love Marmite?

In just two hours, two amazing things happened here at our Catch Your Limit World Headquarters.

First, I had lunch with our friend, Emma (see our website news for the latest on her triathlon challenge). Emma is from Oxford and moved to the United States about 10 years ago. One day a while back, Emma arrived at our office after picking up a care package from her family at the post office. Before we could have our meeting, Emma sat at our bar and ripped into her package. It was really a Pavlov thing and amazing one to observe. She knew that inside that cardboard box were her favorite treats from home. As she pulled each treat out one by one and described them to us, we learned to things – 1. When touching things from home, Emma’s British accent becomes stronger than ever and 2. Emma loves all things with Marmite, especially Twiglets.

Fast forward to our lunch today. Emma presented me with a gift … you guessed it … my very own personal jar of Marmite!

I rushed back to the office to spread this rich, thick, brown concoction on a piece of crispbread. I walked around the office breaking off tiny bites to share a little piece of England with our team. The reactions were mixed. Jeff proclamation, “No wonder we left and started our own country” sums up the groups reaction. I’m assuming its an aquired taste and that if I try it daily I will come to love it.

Our wonder and amazement of Emma’s love for Marmite was interrupted by Kyle’s discovery of an osprey outside of his window that had captured a squirrel about the size of Benson, our office yorkie. We all stared in amazement as this National Geographic episode went on before us. I must admit, we were gawking at this awesome predator rip into the poor, limp squirrel. And, as it began to do so, I wondered for a brief moment … do British birds of prey love marmite, too?

Do British Birds of Prey Love Marmite?
blog comments powered by Disqus