Saturday, January 3, 2009

Knowledge Socialist: Build Your Brain with Brandbuilder

Okay so it has been plenty more than a week since the last Knowledge Socialist segment. But I'm giving myself a break because, well, I think I deserve one. So let's just change this commitment to helping you find useful, inspirational content on a whenever-I'm-up-for-it basis. And if you have any suggestions for great sources for Knowledge Socialist please share it with me at jeff@catchyourlimit.com

Now I'd like to direct your attention to a great blog by Olivier Blanchard, The Brandbuilder Blog.
I stumbled upon Olivier's blog a couple months back by way of fellow Tallahassean. Michael Calienes of Transplant (it just goes to show you how twitter is connecting people but that is another blog for another day).

The greatness of Olivier's blog is he understands that building a brand doesn't happen in the marketing department and so his blog addresses internal communications, hr, culture, leadership and everything else that is always left behind when you talk to agencies about branding. Further, the man understands the effectiveness of great visuals and he uses them with great effectiveness in his posts.

One of my personal favorites is his commentary on talent vs. experience especially the line "I don’t want to imply that experience isn’t important, but at best, experience is a facilitator, while talent is a catalyst."

I'm not sure what they are putting in the water in Greenville, SC but between Olivier and my good friends at Brains on Fire it seems that it's becoming the new creative capital of the south. It always amazes me the unexpected genius you can find in small towns.

So check him out at http://thebrandbuilder.wordpress.com/ and let me know if you agree.

Knowledge Socialist: Build Your Brain with Brandbuilder
blog comments powered by Disqus