I wanted to share my takeaways from the Florida Retail Masters (FRM) program. We have just concluded the 4th session in Miami and since I collect the evaluations and I do not get to complete them, the blog gives me a way to share my thoughts.
I came on board with Catch Your Limit on January 5th and found myself traveling to Clearwater for the first FRM session the very next day. With a smile and a handshake I am not sure anyone realized quite what a newbie I actually was. Feeling exactly what the class was feeling I realized I knew very little about the Florida Retail Masters program and somewhat bewildered but excited sat through the presentations from Tom and Melissa. Ok I got it, I am on board.
Well now what a team. I am really excited each month when the time rolls around to meet the group. The hotel changes, the environment changes even our attire has to change (next month everyone needs to remember beach wear as we will be in Fort Myers) but what stays the same is knowing I get to see people I can now call friends. I’ll be honest I am a target for group jokes, quirky comments, and my lack of group dinner participation is a guarantee but I hope my energy and enthusiasm doesn’t waiver. I forget about the fact that my British accent throws people into a loop hence the reason for the jokes.
During this last session I listened to the accomplishments and reflections from everyone’s individual action plans and I gave the group many Standing O’s. I know I said it to the group at the time but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, see did that make you smile? Who actually says that?
During the incredibly powerful activity the group lead in Tallahassee; I was able to read about the talent, skills, values, and leadership styles that are exhibited in all of the Class 5 participants and I have been notably inspired. So to all Class 5 members I say thank you.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Florida Retail Masters Program
Posted by
Emma
on
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)