Monday, March 10, 2008

Spare Gold?

Have any of you seen the commercial that say, "Send us you're spare or old gold and we'll send you cash." It lists an address and directs you to mail your leftover gold in to them and they'll mail you back cash in return.

First of all I have to say they are my favorite commercials on television simply because they don't make any sense to me. My first question is who has piles of gold lying around their home? Are these commercials specifically targeted at kings? Also does gold really get old? Isn't it a mineral...I'm pretty sure age doesn't factor in to gold. "Yeah umm this gold is spoiled I guess I'll mail it in for some money now."

The second curiosity I have about these commercials is who in their right mind if they had a huge stockpile of gold would just mail it in to an address just because it's on tv. Can you see it now a guy talking to the Better Business Bureau "Yes I'd like to file a complaint, I mailed my gold to this address and never heard anything about again." Hmmm......

Spare Gold?
blog comments powered by Disqus