It seems like innovation is THE word today. Every time I turn around someone is talking about the need to be more innovative. It gotten so innovation seems a lot like the weather. Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it.
Of even greater significance, I don't think people mean the same thing when they speak of innovation. I get the sense that for many people the word innovation is synonymous with invention and creativity.
For myself, I see innovtion as finding a new way to create or add value.
This poses another issue; how do we recognise or measure value?
I'm going to elaborate on this quandry over the next few days.
For those of you reading this, let me encourage you to ask yourself - How do I differentiate between innovation, invention and creativity? AND How do I recognise and measure value?
If those of us participating in this dialogue can achieve concensus on the two questions above, we may be able to support one another in creating or adding acknowledged value to our enterprises.
Monday, March 24, 2008
What do mean Innovation, Invention & Creativity?
Posted by
Gayle Turner
on
Monday, March 24, 2008
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)