Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Copyblogger nails the "F" word

I receive a daily email from a great advertising/marketing blog, Copyblogger. Mainly geared for creative directors and copywriters, today's article was Is the “F Word” Really So Bad? by Cynthia Morris. Her premise being "Oh, those dreaded ‘F’ words. ‘Finish’, along with ‘focus’ and ‘follow through’ are words that make creative types cringe." Cynthia does a tremendous job but I think her blog goes beyond creatives, marketing and the like. I think the obstacles she mentions, the "F Words" are common roadblocks for everyone in any organization. The blog goes on to list five steps for overcoming those hurdles:

One: Identify Your Motivation
Two: Commit to a Project
Three: Build Structure
Four: Stay on Track
Five: Acknowledge and Celebrate Completion

To read a detailed account of what each mean or to view the whole blog click here.

If you're stuck on a creative challenge, a change initiative, a new business proposal, or whatever try using these steps and see if it helps you out.

Copyblogger nails the "F" word
blog comments powered by Disqus