Last week I wrote the most vitriolic post I have ever written. I was exhausted and coming down on myself pretty hard. The good news is I deleted it instead of posting it. After a week's reflection I'm clearer about what was bothering me.
I've not been making decisions. I've allowed a series of issues to pile up and haven't addressed them. The ensuing angst finally caught up with me last weekend.
Here I am a week later and I'm digging myself out of the morass my inaction created. I'm getting out of this quagmire by taking the time to do the things that by not doing them got me into this mess.
1) I'm opening and processing all the mail that has piled up.
2) I've sat down and listed all of the "to dos" that have stacked up.
3) I'm sorting those things on the Urgent & Important axis.
I've been so busy running I haven't taken time to think, much less make decisions.
It's probably going to take the rest of this week to finish all of the "stuff" I let pile up, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.
If you're feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment; let me encourage you to stop for a moment and assess the situation. Build a list of tasks and prioritize them. Then regain control by attacking the list.
Sometimes you have to hit PAUSE before you can PLAY again.
I'm telling you, I'm feeling better. I'll bet you can, too.
Gayle Turner