I've got to tell the world, I'm so sick of ringback, the feature that when you call someone, if they have it, it plays a song of their choice instead of hearing the typical ring, ring, ring.
What about this feature is cool? I don't want to hear songs that you like? Do we drive around and roll our windows down in an effort to catch other people's car radios? No.
Even if I like the song, I don't like hearing it while I'm trying to call someone. I know the world is fast paced these days, we don't have a lot of time on our hands, we like to multi-task watch tv, scour Facebook, instant message our best friend, while texting a break-up. But do we really need to listen to music in those 10 seconds of time between pushing SEND and when the other person flips open their phone?
I have friends who have this feature and because they have it I will not call them. Even worse is some of them have it on their phones as they are applying for jobs. Can you imagine wanting to interview someone who wants to fill your Personal Banker position and so you call them and get:
"smack that, all on the floor,
smack that, give me some more,
smack that, 'till you get sore
smack that, oooh.smack that,
all on the floor,smack that, give me some more,
smack that, 'till you get sore,
smack that, oooh. "
So it is with you Verizon, Alltel, AT&T (or whatever your name is this month), Embarq, T-Mobile please stop offering this service. It is causing me to lose touch with people.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Stop the music!
Posted by
Jeff
on
Monday, September 17, 2007
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)