Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Strength of the Tiger

If I have to watch one more speaker quote Tiger Woods on the subject of perfection or uses his commitment as an allegory (he changed his swing story) I might just go Britney Spears right in the middle of the presentation. Without a doubt Tiger is a great golfer but I'm tired of his quotes. There a little overdone and a little too Chicken Soup for the Soul. Often business speakers relate Tiger's greatness to his commitment to excellence, his attitude, his attention to detail and then say now just apply it your field, your life, your world. This is all one big scam. None of these things make him a good golfer they just help sell books.

Most admit Tiger is the greatest golfer ever to play the game so why does everyone miss the one thing that makes him different and better than all other golfers that have ever played. He is the only one ever named Tiger. Simple he has a great name, it makes him great and so he is.

The thing is naming is important can you imagine if his name was Ramone or Nester? No one named Ramone or Nester has ever been the best golf player which is why Tiger isn't named Ramon or Nester which is why he's the greatest.

Now that I've explained it please limit his quotes and references to the Hallmark cards and the motivational posters.

The Strength of the Tiger
blog comments powered by Disqus