Friday, September 19, 2008

Music In Advertising - Moves Me

Music in advertising is an art. When it's done right, it can take you on a roller coaster of emotions. Not just that, music in advertising is becoming a source for people to find songs they like, which in turn lets them connect with brands on a deeper level.

When the right brand is coupled with the right song, a powerful thing happens. BOTH the brand and the artist benefit tremendously. I think that someday agencies won't have to pay to use songs in their commercials. On the contrary, I think artists will be lining up and maybe paying big bucks to be played in the next Apple or Mini commercial.

This GM ad is a great example. It conveys strong emotion, and even a sense of patriotism - without being blatant.



In my opinion, music in advertising has the power to move mountains. I wish there was a study on the affect of music in advertising on the biggest advertising challenge of them all - advertising to change brand perceptions.

I think we would find that the music is what makes the difference...

Music In Advertising - Moves Me
blog comments powered by Disqus