If you've been following Catch Your Limit, you know that we are big fans of silly putty's flexibility and we've grown rather fond of asking, "What Would Silly Putty Do?
If you're my friend on facebook, you know that a string of recent trips for business travel have resulted in me pondering when and when not to unpack and thinking what would silly putty do if it were sitting next to a four month old on a red eye flight back from LA. And, if you travel for business, you can empathize with the idea that mostly all you see is an airport and a hotel and everything starts to look the same.
Well, I'm happy to report that on my recent trip to LA, I found myself having 5 hours to spare before needing to be at the airport. I decided rather than start up my laptop and launch into emails and other projects, that I would live in the moment. So, I asked, What Would Silly Putty Do?
With no plan in mind, I strolled along Rodeo Drive, had dinner outside and people watched, I
took a cab to Grauman's Chinese Theatre and asked a complete stranger to take a picture of me next to MJ's star, rode along Sunset Blvd listening to oldies with the window down feeling the cool evening CA breeze and for 5 hours I was free of emails, return phone calls, projects, tasks, finances, deadlines (it helped that everyone I work with on the East coast was asleep).
took a cab to Grauman's Chinese Theatre and asked a complete stranger to take a picture of me next to MJ's star, rode along Sunset Blvd listening to oldies with the window down feeling the cool evening CA breeze and for 5 hours I was free of emails, return phone calls, projects, tasks, finances, deadlines (it helped that everyone I work with on the East coast was asleep).So, next time you find yourself on a business trip with some time to spare ... take it! Put down the laptop or phone and ask What Would Silly Putty Do? With no plan, just go somewhere and see where time takes you.
I guarantee you that no matter what happens you'll be making memories and making silly putty proud!
-Melissa ><((">
-Melissa ><((">