Sunday, October 25, 2009

Inspiration From My Dad

I make my living quoting my dad. I admired him immensely and I enjoy sharing the lessons he taught me.

He used to tell me "there's nothing out there that you and I can't eat, one bite at a time."

I used to think this was about breaking challenges into manageable pieces and working until we'd accomplished our goal.

I still appreciate that piece of wisdom in the comment, but I've also come to realize the comfort of the "you and I" part.

My dad and I were a team. Together, I perceived us to be invincible.

Let me encourage you to break your big challenges into little pieces and eat 'em up a bite at a time.

And I hope you have teammates that make you feel invincible, but whether you do or not, go out there and take a bite out of your challenge and when you've chewed it up, take another bite.

><((">
Gayle Turner

Gayle is a ><((“> Team Member at Catch Your Limit Consulting, a management and marketing firm with offices in Tallahassee, Florida and Richmond, Virginia. He is a keynote speaker, facilitator, blogger and contributing author for international, national and regional publications. To learn more, visit http://www.catchyourlimit.com/ .

Inspiration From My Dad
blog comments powered by Disqus