As the manatee is close to being taken off the Endangered Species List and moved to being listed as a "Threatened" species many people who love manatees haven't taken a look at the bigger picture at what may come from taking mantees off the endagered species list.
I for one am truly excited to hear the manatee population has dramatically recovered. I'm looking forward to being able to fish for manatee, buy manatee steaks at Publix, and order Manatee Burgers at McDonalds (I like mine with pickles and horseradish). I haven't had manatee in over a decade and I'm really craving some of that tender juicy meat.
What many people don't know about manatees is that they aren't called sea cows for nothing. The name sea cow comes from them being delicious with a ketchup, pickles, and a sesame seed bun.
Aside from their meat we can also begin harvesting their milk. Milk prices are soaring but no one has thought to start milking manatees. I know for a fact their milk is delicious, you can tell just from looking at them.
Even just this past Friday when the Catch Your Limit team went on our quarterly retreat we took a short trip on the SS Catch Your Limit up the Wakulla river and spotted a three or four of these scrumptious mammals. Just seeing their fatty snouts poke out out of the river made my mouth water.