Tuesday, December 4, 2007

On the road to insanity

Is there any reason that all gas pumps cannot have the little device underneath the hand lever that allow them to be automatic? Must we be made to hold the pump through the entire painful process as we watch the price indicator tick exponentially higher than the gallon indicator.

Aside from the financial pain and environmental pain I feel as I fill up my automobile everytime I pick up the pump and notice an automatic metal lever piece missing from my pump I can't help but feel a little sad inside. Nothing major, it isn't the end of the world, I can pump my own gas. It is very minor defeat but a defeat nonetheless.

Just before I reach the point of noticing whether a certain pump has the little metal device I make a small wager with myself, "I bet you a diet coke that it doesn't have the little metal thing." The only good thing about these bets is I always win.

The only thing that is really painful is when it does have the little metal hangy thing but doesn't have the little tray at the bottom of the pump handle for it to hook into. It is the suburban equivelant of not having a match but no tinder.

On the road to insanity
blog comments powered by Disqus