Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cat-a-blog

I suddenly feel the urge for General Chows Mystery Chicken. Meowmix has a new non-traditional campaign which features a crazy pun filled website for cat loving freaks to explore. It has sweepstakes, an Acatemy (i told you there were puns) a faux school that cat lovers can attend to learn to be more in touch with their inner meow.

When you first enter the site it has an animated living room with lots of cats roaming around doing different tricks. It almost gives you cat-straphobia.The only thing it is missing is the creepy old smelly cat lady. Also not present is the ever stinky and disgusting doody box. Even if you like cats you have to admit the site is sort of creepy.
If cat people weren't creepy enough before this website takes their creepiness takes it to Cat-aclysmic proportions. The Acatemy offers cat owners the opportunity to learn Cat-isthenics a cat type exercise routine, Catnapping basically how to nap like a cat, and my favorite bizarro session Cat Scratch Fever taught by a DJ where participants get to learn how scratch and mix records.

I don't really like cats, I've always subscribed to the belief that the only good cat is a a sweet and sour cat. Actually the truth is I hate cats as much as I hate the people who love them. But I do like meows. In fact I've almost trained my dog to meow. He's learning but he's no cat.

Despite being filled with cats about cats and for cat lovers I do think the site is fun and well produced. Meowmix uses puns to the extreme with a tongue in cheek approach it comes off well because of this as if to say, "we are being stupid and we know it," rather than "look how funny and clever."

Cat-a-blog
blog comments powered by Disqus