I know it is a long blog title but I didn't really want to give up either part and I figured I was entitled to such a long title anyways.
My wife and I have a new egyptian mommy.

Yesterday I stopped in Publix, the local grocery to pick-up two bananas, a bag of ice and a meat treat (some times Allison and I will snack on deli meat and I like to call it a meat treat).
People always say, when they stop at the store they leave with more than they originally intended, impulse buys. I left with more than I anticipated but not in the form of grocery products. I left the store with a new friend.
She was my cashier and she is spectacular. My wife and I both decided we would make her our temporary mommy if we ever get sick since both of ours live out of town.
Her name is Salwa-which is Arabic for solace and comfort. I can see why her parents chose this name for her because she looks like she'd be a good comforter. I bet she hugs her kids a lot. She probably gives good hugs.
The truth about Salwa is she is a doctor from Egypt. She works at Publix because she has to take courses to be certified in America. Can you imagine? Scum like me probably give her a hard time all day long because she has to do a price check or doesn't know the price code for Vine Ripened Tomatoes only Beefsteak Tomatoes even though back in Egypt she could have been performing open heart surgery.
Publix now has to be the only place you can get a checkup while you checkout. This could be an unbelievable service they could offer.
Not only did she work at Publix, she liked working at Publix. I guess one reason I was so shocked was because the American doctors I've met are always such egomaniacs I can't imagine one of them working at Publix for anything, even if it was the only choice they had.
So if you ever find yourself at Publix at the intersection of Centerville Rd. and Capital Circle, you are in line and notice the cashier is a frizzy curly haired lady with tan skin please be nice. She is my new mommy and if you're sweet she'll probably take care of you too.