Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jewels of Puerto Rico

On our way back from BVI & Antigua, this past Sunday our flight got delayed in Puerto Rico. So my wife and I decided it would be a good idea to go explore Puerto Rico rather than watch all the creeps in the airport. I left Puerto Rico with what I'll refer to as the Jewels of Puerto Rico:

1) Puerto Ricans are allergic to deodorant.


2) San Juan has narrow sidewalks which allows the homeless to come at you individually rather than panhandle to a group.


3) Some Puerto Ricans are more Rican than Puerto while others look to be more Puerto than Rican.


In Puerto Rico we met a really nice gentleman who looked like a crew member of The Black Pearl he made the guy in this picture look like Brad Pitt.


We did have a really nice Dominican taxi driver pick us up from Old San Juan. The man was very laughy and while I couldn't understand half the things he said I laughed with him anyways, partly because it felt nice to laugh and partly because it was the only way I could prevent myself from screaming as he dodged in and out of lanes in typical island taxi fashion.

More to come on this trip soon...

Jewels of Puerto Rico
blog comments powered by Disqus