Last night I negotiated a back rub by allowing my wife ten seconds of unimpeded tickle time. I lifted my arms and let her go at it. It was really tough to endure ten straight seconds of tickle but I pulled through. We both walked away from this with a good feeling that we both got what we wanted.
It was a really fair deal.
I'm making this public because I think it can be applied to anything. Imagine if our diplomats negotiated with Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad using a finite period of tickle time. I bet we could get him to abandon his nuclear ambition. He probably needs a good laugh anyways.
I think the U.N. could use it to pressure Sudan on Darfur. I think corporations could use tickles, divorce attorneys. The tickle holds no limit.
I'm not suggesting that we could solve all of our problems with the tickle but it certainly couldn't hurt to try.