The biggest idea of how to make banks fun in the last century was the cheap lollipop (usually a DumDum).
With the many variations of financial institutions that exist state banks, national banks, local banks, blood banks, credit unions, online banks there are still no fun banks. While all these financial institutions have their minor differences regarding policies, banking, products adn blah blah blah overall they all feel pretty much the same. Local banks are as bland as national banks as bland as credit unions.
They all have the same plastic ferns, the same boring pens, and the same boring people.

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you just started dancing in a bank? I think the guard would take you out. There is no dancing in a bank, I dont' event think you can skip.
Why are banks so boring?
I know bankers are known as a conservative lot but they must have some kind of fun tucked deep inside them beneath their very appropriate ties and pressed white shirts.
Maybe this is why they get robbed all the time, as punishment for being so damned boring.
I'd like to see someone start a brand of banks that are totally different. A bank that plays non-put-you-to-sleep music. A bank that has pinball machines, slot machines, pool tables and a bar. Usually when I'm dealing with my finances I often think to myself how nice it would be to have a gin and tonic.
This bank could have neon signs and peanuts where you throw the shell on the floor (both of which make anything fun). There could be waterslides in the back and a playground.
I'm hoping that someone like Richard Branson reads this, someone really over the top, but nevertheless rich enough to really make it happen.