Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Automotive Rant

Photobucket

I've been meaning to blog about this because I think it's an amazing phenomenon.

Many Americans seem to be suffering from short-term memory loss.

I think we can all agree that even though gas prices are lower, we still have not solved the energy crisis. These lower prices simply reflect the economic down turn.

It may come as a surprise that truck sales rose in the month of September and was projected to have an even better month in October.

What?

Yes, according to this Autoblog article, the numbers are quite impressive.

Seriously though, did we forget so quickly?

You have to wonder about what will happen to the antithesis of these trucks if this trend continues.

Will hybrids and small cars see a decrease in sales because of increased truck and SUV popularity? That's a scary thought, especially after companies like GM and Toyota have invested significant time and money into cars like the Volt and new Prius.

Hmmm, lets see what happens!

An Automotive Rant
blog comments powered by Disqus