Saturday, November 15, 2008

BSPR-Springwise is Good for Your Brain

As I a reminder BSPR is a segment where I'll share a blog, a newsletter, an article or something else in the virtual world. It is a once week segment of this blog and can be anything that I read and happen to find informative, insightful, useful or inspirational. (As I mentioned I'm still looking for a better title for these posts because this one doesn't make any sense but I refuse to create it. Right now BSPR=Brain-Synchronization-Phobia Realization the point is to be a Knowledge Socialist. maybe that should be the title?).

One of the most interesting newsletters I receive from a creativity point of view is Springwise. When you're looking to come up with new ideas or a new a perspective what better place to start than looking at other people's new product or service ideas, some of which are pretty innovative. It's a great place to look when you just need to feed your brain.

Copied from their about page "Springwise scans the globe for the most promising business ventures, ideas and concepts that are ready for regional or international adaptation, expansion, partnering, investments or cooperation. We ferociously track more than 400 global offline and online business resources, as well as taking to the streets of world cities, digital cameras at hand.

To ensure true ‘global’ coverage, the central office is in close contact with more than 8,000 Springspotters in over 70 countries worldwide. Springwise's weekly newsletter, to which you can subscribe for free, is sent to more than 100,000 business professionals in more than 120 countries."

The weekly newsletter features ideas in categories from telecom, non-profit, hospitality you name it. My most recent favorite came from this weeks edition it is a company called Plus 3 Network that allows you to earn money for charitable causes for personal workouts. It matches individuals with companies. You, as an individual pick the charity, you do the exercise and the company donates money. Pure genius.

BSPR-Springwise is Good for Your Brain
blog comments powered by Disqus