Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

I arrived at my poll this morning at 5:45 am. The line was all the way down the hall. I bumped into a former Chairman of the state Democratic Party and we stood in line together chatting about how excited we were to see the turn out.

We were both particularly happy about how many young faces we saw, until he reminded me that most people are younger than us now. None the less, I'd never seen so many people, young or older, at this particularly precinct this early in the morning.

Fifteen minutes after the poll opened, I had done my patriotic duty, collected my "I voted" sticker and walked outside to see the line had grown and now extended outside the building, down the block and around the corner.

I saw people with canes and a guy on crutches among all the folks standing in the rain. There were easily 100+ people standing in the rain waiting to do something only a small percentage of the world's population gets to do, participate in their government by choosing their leaders.

Nations get the kind of leadership they deserve. We deserve the best, so, if you've already voted, Hallelujah. And if you haven't yet, please, make time to do so.

And oh yeah, God bless America, please.

I Voted!
blog comments powered by Disqus