I am about to substitute out of a brand I've been with for 5 years because of price and price only. I'm switching from T-mobile to Sprint's Simply Everything plan. The Simply Everything Plan undercuts it's competition by about $50 bucks. That's a big deal for a college student.
You might think I'm a little weird, but this is a major issue to me. I like T-mobile a lot. I like their brand, and the customer service has been spectacular over the past 5 years. I've even convinced a few of my friends to switch to T-mobile.
In addition, I'm a creature of habit. I feel like I'm gambling by switching to another carrier.
Where am I going with this? It all reminds me of these two posts about being brand loyal on my personal blog. The latest blog mentions a Wall Street Journal article that talks about how people are increasingly dropping brand loyalty in favor of frugality.
So I want to explore this topic a little more and pose two questions.
What are the implications for marketers as customers increasingly substitute out of brands in favor of frugality?
Is there anything they can do?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Life Imitating Blog - Brand Loyalty
Posted by
Anonymous
on
Thursday, November 13, 2008
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)