Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Handmade Holiday


This week has marked the beginning of one of the most exciting times of year for me. I love how December seems to fill almost everybody with a strange jolliness that comes from nowhere. But with the economy being so bad this year, I'm hoping more people look towards the finer joys of the holidays, and make homemade gifts!


I'm a big believer in the power of a present that was handmade. It may not be the latest $300 gaming system, or a 46" flat screen tv, but I think they make an even larger impact on the receiver. All of the fancy expensive things that fill our holiday wish lists are really nice, but I'd much rather get a present that took thought, creativity, and really shows that that person cares a lot about you. I'm not saying that just buying a gift takes no time and effort, but if you make homemade gifts for others, you will see for yourself how much more thought goes into those gifts than ones from a store.


I will be hand making pretty much all of my presents this year for friends and family. And just for fun, I'll be making tons of goodies for anybody that crosses my path the last couple weeks of December. I absolutely love this month, and can't wait to share with everybody!

A Handmade Holiday
blog comments powered by Disqus