Monday, December 22, 2008

Let's LEAP into the New Year!

Like Julie (see her latest blog), I also love the start of a new year. This new year, my hope is for all of our ><(("> team and ><(("> fans to commit to taking a leadership L.E.A.P. and cultivating LOVE, generating ENERGY, inspiring AUDACITY and providing PROOF.

Sometime several years ago, we picked up a copy of Stever Farber's book, Radical Leap. We read it and thought it was great. Since then, we've recommended it to many of our clients. Recently, I came across some of the materials we developed to help teach the concepts in Radical Leap and was reminded of how much I enjoyed the exercises and discussions. Here's a quick synopsis:

Farber's book reveals the questions leaders must ask themselves and the actions they must take to truly become extreme leaders.

  • Why do I love my business, my employees, and my customers, and how can I show them how I feel?
  • What effect do my actions have on the energy of the people around me? (OR, what are the unnecessary, time-consuming, bureaucratic policies and procedures that suck our energy?)
  • How are we going to change the world of our company, our employees, customers, marketplace, and industry?
  • What have I done today to show my commitment to my colleagues and customers?

More than ever, I can't think of more important questions for leaders to answer than these. I'm going to take some time during the holiday to pick up the book and reflect on these questions. I encourage you to do the same. The answers will surely help us LEAP into the new year in a great way!

Let's LEAP into the New Year!
blog comments powered by Disqus