Hey, it's me. Tom. I am not really on hiatus, I just wanted to see what it looked like to see it in a headline. Yesterday, probably because it was a holiday weekend, I noticed lots of opinion and editorial writers for the newspaper were missing in action, AKA on hiatus.
Now, I am not on a holiday by any means. I am currently stuck in the Tallahassee International Airport where the only thing international is its name. I am headed to the snow infused state of Ohio and hope my delay here won't land me in Atlanta for a night I can't afford to spend because I would miss the kickoff of a two day gig with a great new client.
The fact is I love to blog, but haven't had the time to do it lately. I can't blame it all on Turkey Day either. I have just been too busy to blog, that's all. And, since the only thing off limits at Catch Your Limit is making excuses, I thought it would be cool just to communicate that I was "on hiatus". It sounds professional. It sounds like you have earned the right not to write. Even though Hiatus sounds like the name you would want to call a kid who was just a few turns behind the rest of the world, I still stand behind my original comment that it just sounds cool.
Well ... enough hiatus for now, a cold, expressionless digital voice is announcing that our plane can't depart because it hasn't arrived (does that take an announcement). I am not happy. Another Delta delay. This means I will have to go try to find a real live human in Delta Blue who knows what's really happening (dream on, Tom) so I can let my client know.
And, if that aforementioned real live human was smart, he or she would put a sign at their station that simply reads, On Hiatus. That way he or she could live to see another day.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Tom's on Hiatus
Posted by
Tom Laughon
on
Monday, December 01, 2008
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)