Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Change isn't easy for organizations or transgenders

At Catch Your Limit we try to help businesses, associations and organizations through change. Sometimes it is management strategy changes other times it is marketing strategy. Either way change is never easy or simple, it is a process that takes time. It takes time to get everyone involved to buy in to the change and takes time to make it stick (I have some fish glue that can help with this).


Recently a guy named "Jonny Vera" became "Crystal Vera" and was the first transgender prom queen ever. I think this guy or girl should be an example and model for all change initiatives in the future. As a boy he'd won prom prince twice but was determined to increase his market share and decided to go after the queen side of the crown as well. He became she, entered into the election and BAM won the grand prize.


I think about myself and how I try to implement small changes in my life. For example, I have a small dog and I enjoy squeezing his tummy because it makes him fart but I tell myself I shouldn't do this because it probably doesn't feel good for the dog and what if something else came out. SO I'll try to put my mind to and not avoid squeezing his tummy but I'll catch myself doing it almost subconcisously. It is just an example of how hard it is to change our behavior.


Next time you are thinking of taking your company in a new direction, squeezing farts out of your dog or if you are currently working with a consultant on a change process take a look at "Johnny Crystal Vera" and aim for crown.

Change isn't easy for organizations or transgenders
blog comments powered by Disqus