Okay so today I figured out that caffeine is not a spice but I'm not yet convinced that it shouldn't be considered one. I think it'd be nice.
Also I'd like to start a program called "Foreign Exchange" where employees from other jobs come to work in my job so they can see that jobs actually can be fun.
Today I helped out at one of our client retreats at Wakulla Springs. All the employees were so happy to be out of the office, sometimes they kind of seem worn out and unenthusiastic. But today they were really into it, they came up with team names one group called themselves the reptilians and team chants and dances it was incredible. These people had so much energy they could have worn second graders out. I feel like for them it was probably a rare thing to have such a fun exciting day (we dropped eggs from ladders-it was intense).
We don't typically do egg-drops and yet we pretty much have a great time every week. I feel like if we took in an employee from an outside company each week and let them be a part of Catch Your Limit for a week that they could stay with us, learn our culture (just like real foreign exchange), eat our food, live in our office and they could then bring it back to their office when they get back to their regular job.
The first company I'd like to have a foreign exchange worker from is a Publix cashier. I love Publix and shopping there is often a pleasure because it is so nice and clean. Plus the people in the deli always give me a free piece of chicken and samples of food. By the way Publix fried chicken is pretty much amazing. I don't even like fried chicken and I love theirs.
My problem is with the cashiers that are either too busy chatting with cashier's in other lanes, the bagger, or so miserable that they don't even care that I'm there and hardly look up from the register. I love to chat at Publix because I'm usually happy because I'm buying food which means I'll soon be eating food. When I want to chat nothing makes me more upset than when I'm being ignored so my cashier can ask Mario at the next register what he's doing tonight. As I'm watching you scan my apples, milk, and peanut butter and I enter my pin it is the perfect opportunity to make my day and yet so often they fall short. I want them to come live with Catch Your Limit for a week so they can learn how to have fun and really be there with their customers.
So Publix I'm extending the first offer to you please mail your worst cashier to: 201 Delta Blvd Suite 201 Tallahassee, FL 32303. Just give us a week.
Friday, May 11, 2007
The spice of life-caffeine
Posted by
Jeff
on
Friday, May 11, 2007
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)