Monday, October 29, 2007

DOG ET AL Weenie Tour

Tomorrow I’ll be going to one of my favorite hot dog places for lunch, DOG ET AL. Now when I say that I am going to get a hot dog at lunch inevitably there are some wrinkled noses and ewww really’s. I could care less, I love hot dogs and I don’t give an extra mustard packet who knows it.

While there are a lot of benefits to eating at such an establishment, nitrates aside, my favorite is the “Weenie Tour”.

What’s the Weenie Tour? I’m glad you asked here is a step by step. The Weenie Tour is time-honored tradition unique to DOG ET AL. Head south of the Capital on Monroe Street until you see a yellow sign on your right with a giant hot dog mascot, you’re there. Now the giant hot dog mascot has no name as far as I can tell but he does look quite dapper with his top hat and cane. We’ll call him The Honorable Weenie McHot-Dog. Head inside and don’t give a second thought to the bad 70’s décor. Go straight to the counter and ask for the Weenie Tour. As the gentleman behind the counter slaps the different size weenies on the counter be sure to have him wave the Big Foot Dog in your face for full affect. Once you have seen the tour its time to choose your weenie and toppings. I like the Big Foot with chili and cheese.

Notice the care these people have for their weenies and appreciate the time it took to create such a giant processed pork product. What other place has the courage to so flagrantly display their delectable goodies with reckless abandon? Some might say Subway, but I don’t see those people dipping their hands into scolding hot warmer water. And while the DOG ET AL employees don’t have any fancy nickname like Sandwich Artists, they are no less creative and offer over 10,000 different ways you can enjoy your weenie.

Do yourself a favor and head to DOG ET AL for lunch or dinner, they’re open until 7.

DOG ET AL Weenie Tour
blog comments powered by Disqus