Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Vacuum Company that sucks

We all dread the sales person who shows up at our door, box in tow, maybe it is a vacuum, encycopedias or whatever their selling these people are considered the lowest forms of life. I find it amazing these people are even around any more. Until they save your life like they did Paul Sucher. Jamie Howard a sales rep for Kirby arrived at the door to sell him a vacuum, found out the guy had no money for a vacuum because he was dealing with kidney failure and immediatly offered him his spare.

Would you do that for a complete stranger? Even to make a sale I'm not sure I would, it'd be tough, maybe.

Certainly Jamie Howard is a rare breed, what a wonderful guy a company like Kirby could rally around. I'm sure they sell plenty of vacuums but business can't be booming for Kirby especially with the small market that is out there for extremely expensive vacuums especially when competing with the ad budget of the Dyson.

I went to Kirby's website expecting to see a story on the front page about this hero within their company. Nothing. I searched the innards of the site and found nothing. How can you let an opportunity like this slip by? Salesmen don't just go around giving away organs to customers everyday.

Kirby's branding focuses on the health benefits of a quality vacuum, and making your home safer. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR THAN A SALESMAN WHO GIVES YOU A KIDNEY? Kirby if you are listening, think Subway, this is your Jared. Run with it!

The Vacuum Company that sucks
blog comments powered by Disqus