From time to time I've been asked the question, "If you could have one super power, what would it be?" Of course people say I wish I could fly, read minds, be stronger or whatever else. Last night I realized what I'd like my super power to be.
As many people do, I have a problem that requires me to seek constant entertainment. Particularly, this is evident when I watch TV, I have a tough time sitting through the commercials, often I'll flip back and forth between whatever I'm trying to watch (hopefully Man vs. Wild) and whatever else is on TV that is slightly less entertaining than what I'm trying to watch (hopefully a Seinfeld rerun or Oh Brother Where Art Thou, which isn't less entertaining I've just seen it so many times) but more entertaining than commercials.
Many people do this,I realize I'm not alone.
I would like for my super power to be really good at this. To be able to time the moment you flip back to Man vs. Wild at exactly the moment it returns from commercial. Perhaps media buyers would have a really good feel for timing these things, I happen to be pretty good myself. Still I often worry that I'll miss the show I'm trying to watch and flip back to early only to have to endure some kind of automobile commercial with a deep-voiced-old-time-American-male-voice talking about "A truck built to tow an aircraft carrier." Yet at the same time who wants to flip back too late and miss Bear Grylls milking an armadillo? It is a risky game of back and forth and unless you're really talented you will get burned on one end or the other.
Now that I've got my super power nailed down, what would your super power be?
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Superhero Power?
Posted by
Jeff
on
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)