I read a headline for the online version of Time magazine it read, "Burma's Faceless Leaders." I'm not surprised that there are leaders in Burma, however the fact that they are faceless is sort of unnerving. I'm not really familiar with that part of the world so you have to forgive me.
As I dropped off my drycleaning this morning I'm reminded that my wife bought me my only pair of pajamas this weekend. When I reread the last sentence the word "wife" seems a little strange, certainly she is my "wife" and I'm happy about it but "wife" just seems like such an old person word. So either I'm older than I think or the word carries some connotations of age that I can't quite define, or maybe I'm not old enough to, at least for me anyways. I've used the term "ex-fiancee" before but she doesn't really like what people take from that. I guess the "ex"part hints towards the idea of "no longer associated with." But to be fair, she is my ex-fiancee.
Before you get too jealous about the pajamas they aren't the closed toe kind which are fun for sliding but can make your feet sweat, nor are they the ones with the butt flap that button shut.
They are simply standard cozy pajamas. Actually to be specific they are just pajama bottoms. Does anyone where pajama tops anymore? Maybe they do, maybe it is someone comfortable using the word wife.
So when I read about the faceless Burmese leaders I wonder if they have ex-fiancees too. Ex-fiance's that love them, even if they don't have a face. And maybe their ex-fiancees buy them pajamas and hope that they bought the right size because if not it is a hassle to return them but more than anything they really want their faceless Burmese leaders to have a nice comfy pair to relax around the house in.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Faceless Burmese Pajamas
Posted by
Jeff
on
Monday, October 01, 2007
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)